Thursday, July 24, 2008

Here's To You...

Jaclyn Cher Dunn-Yates
This is my very first, life-long, friend! Our story began in the 9th grade and I am so proud to say that it is still being written. I have so many sweet memories with this girl...touring Texas to play volleyball, hotcakes and cold dr.pepper, and yes even snipe hunting! Through the years we have shared many things. Clothes. Rides. Burgers and boyfriends! We have had great experiences. Some of them laced with great joy and others with great despair. I will never forget the happiness I saw on Jaclyn's face as I made my way to Matt on our wedding day. I won't forget the phone call she made to me during my delivery with Baylee- a peace in the midst of uncertainty and fear. A priceless picture of Chase (her adorable son) holding Baylee is sketched in my mind...and my heart.
Although there miles between our homes, our hearts stay close.
It happens often...just about the time I start to miss her, there is an e-mail waiting for me!
I know many things about Jaclyn. I know she is an excellent mother to Chase and Emily. I know she will be a gifted Kindergarten teacher. I know that she is incredibly loyal. I know that she loves me. I know that she is my friend.

2 comments:

Shellee said...

I don't know you personally, Jaclyn, but if you've put up with Jenny for all these years, then you are a SPECIAL GAL!!! (i joke, i joke!)

Jaclyn said...

Jen~ This posting means the world to me! You are so right...I do love you! Thank you for always being here right when I need you. You were there with me when I found out I was pregnant with both of my kids. How special is that. Our lives have be put together for a reason. He knew we needed each other!