Thursday, July 9, 2009

Switching Gears

This summer has proven to be one of the most challenging that I can remember.
I have found myself switching gears...

from cooking mac-n-cheese to praying over Brody in the back of an ambulance,

from gearing up for the vacation of our lives to settling in to our cozy pool,

from building a road block for anything that might set off an emotional preteen to crawling around the house like a bear with a cub following behind me, laughing hysterically,

from teaching Brody to speak the name Jesus to teaching Baylee that He loves those who have hurt her just as much as He loves her,

from pursuing the role of a patient mother to that of an understanding and supportive wife,

from desperately asking God for mercy to praising Him for it.

I wouldn't trade one day of this summer, even if I could. I believe that such challenges are necessary for completion of the greater picture.



4 comments:

Kristy said...

neat post!

Jen and Ryan said...

You are one special mamma!! I had no idea Brody had to go in an ambulance :( Is he doing okay?

Jenny Chapman said...

Yes...he is ok, thank you!

deneise said...

you are an amazing wife, mother, and FRIEND!!